Thank you for the information!
>I guess you are using analog of ver.5.22 or later. Dr. Turner told me
>that he set as a default "SEARCHCHARCONVERT OFF" for analog when using
>multibyte character set, and even setting "SEARCHCHARCONVERT ON" this
>doesn't work. He does't remember why he coded like that way.
I am using the newest version 5.24. I tried as you mention using
SEARCHARCHCONVERT (ON and OFF) and neither setting add any effect. I
hope Dr. Turner can one day build language independent search query
>One solution is given by Tsuji Norihisa who gave a perl code which is
>on our home page; urldecode.pl in "Helper Applications and their
It would't work because I am missing some Perl module. I need to figure
out to get the missing Perl module.
>Another might be given by using logkf-1.0beta2.tar.gz which was given
>by Masashi Tachibana. This is also in the same section. I haven't
>tried yet though. This program is like the program nkf to convert any
>Japanese character codes in a log file into EUC as well as converting
>hex codes into EUC. You may specify the final output code other than
This program did not work at all. I ran logkf on my apache log file and
it did not seem to do anything. I ran analog on the new output file from
logkf but I still got the same results. I think this program is broken
or assumes something about the OS or log file format that isn't true
about my system.
Thanks for the help!